Bluetooth Smart Marks Tools
What are Bluetooth Smart and Bluetooth Smart Ready Devices?
Bluetooth Smart Ready devices are the most effective means of connecting to the billions of Bluetooth devices already in users’ hands— phones, tablets, PCs, TVs, even set-top boxes and game consoles. These devices efficiently receive data sent from Classic Bluetooth devices and Bluetooth Smart devices and feed it into applications that turn data into useful information. They are the hub of the Bluetooth system.
Bluetooth Smart devices are designed to gather a specific type of information — are all the windows in my house locked? What is my blood glucose level, and how much do I weigh today? — and send it to a Bluetooth Smart Ready device. Such devices include heart rate monitors, blood glucose meters, smart watches, window and door security sensors, car key fobs, and blood pressure cuffs — the opportunities are endless.
Advantages of Using Bluetooth Smart Marks
Using the Bluetooth Smart and Bluetooth Smart Ready marks on product packaging, point-of-sale materials, websites and more offers significant marketing advantages:
- Increase product trials and purchases with recognized, trusted brand marks
- Research shows that brand identifiers drive trial and purchase
- The Bluetooth brand has >97% awareness among consumers
- Eliminate consumer confusion and reduce product returns with clear device compatibility identifier
- Consumers want to know which device is compatible with their smart device
- Build long-term consumer loyalty
- The Bluetooth Smart and Bluetooth Smart Ready marks will span future specification versions, reducing barriers to purchase and consumer confusion about device upgrades later
How Can Your Product Carry the Mark?
One of the primary purposes of the Bluetooth SIG is to help members ensure that all Bluetooth products are properly qualified and comply with the Bluetooth license agreements. There are two steps of the compliance process—qualification and declaration—members complete using an online tool administered by the SIG. Learn more about the compliance program or get started with the qualification process.
To bear the Bluetooth Smart Ready mark, the device needs to satisfy two criteria:
- Incorporates Bluetooth Core Specification Version 4.0 (or higher) with a Basic Rate and Low Energy Combined Core Configuration
- Uses the GATT-based architecture to provide a means by which the end user can choose to update the Bluetooth Smart Ready product with the functionality of a Bluetooth Smart product
To bear the Bluetooth Smart mark, the device needs to satisfy these two criteria:
- Incorporates Bluetooth Core Specification Version 4.0 (or higher) with a Low Energy Core Configuration or Basic Rate and Low Energy Combined Core Configuration
- Uses the GATT-based architecture to enable particular functionality of the product