Bluetooth Smart Marks Tools
What are Bluetooth Smart and Bluetooth Smart Ready Devices?
Bluetooth Smart Ready devices are the most effective means of connecting to the billions of Bluetooth devices already in users’ hands — and to the more than 5 million Bluetooth enabled devices commercialized each new day. Examples include phones, tablets, PCs, TVs, even set-top boxes and game consoles that sit at the center of the consumers’ connected world. These devices efficiently receive data sent from Classic Bluetooth devices and Bluetooth Smart devices and feed it into applications that turn data into useful information. They are the hub of the Bluetooth system.
Bluetooth Smart devices are designed to gather a specific type of information — are all the windows in my house locked? What is my blood glucose level, and how much do I weigh today? — and send it to a Bluetooth Smart Ready device. Such devices include heart rate monitors, blood glucose meters, smart watches, window and door security sensors, car key fobs, and blood pressure cuffs — the opportunities are endless.
Advantages of Using Bluetooth Smart Marks
Using the Bluetooth Smart and Bluetooth Smart Ready marks on product packaging, point-of-sale materials, websites and more offers significant marketing advantages:
- Increase product trials and purchases with recognized, trusted brand marks
- Research shows that brand identifiers can drive trial and purchase
- The Bluetooth brand has >90% awareness among consumers
- Eliminate consumer confusion and reduce product returns with clear device compatibility identifier
- Consumers want to know which device is compatible with another. The use of the Bluetooth Smart or Bluetooth Smart Ready mark helps achieve that objective
- Build long-term end user loyalty
- The Bluetooth Smart and Bluetooth Smart Ready marks will span future specification versions, reducing barriers to purchase and consumer confusion about device upgrades later — by affirmatively answering the end-user question, “Is Bluetooth v4.0 compatible with my existing Bluetooth device?”
How Can Your Product Carry the Mark?
To bear the Bluetooth Smart Ready mark, the device needs to satisfy two criteria:
- Incorporates Bluetooth Core Specification Version 4.0 (or higher) with a Basic Rate and Low Energy Combined Core Configuration
- Uses the GATT-based architecture to provide a means by which the end user can choose to update the Bluetooth Smart Ready product with the functionality of a Bluetooth Smart product.
To bear the Bluetooth Smart mark, the device needs to satisfy these two criteria:
- Incorporates Bluetooth Core Specification Version 4.0 (or higher) with a Low Energy Core Configuration or Basic Rate and Low Energy Combined Core Configuration
- Uses the GATT-based architecture to enable particular functionality of the product.