Bluetooth® Smart technology is the ultra-power efficient, application-friendly version of Bluetooth transforming the wireless industry. This technology introduces new opportunities in industry verticals from consumer electronics, medical devices and home automation to retail and wearables. While the power-efficiency of Bluetooth Smart makes it perfect for devices needing to run off tiny batteries for long periods, the magic of Bluetooth Smart is its ability to work with a wide variety of applications on smartphones or tablets consumers already own.
Bluetooth Smart is developer-friendly, inexpensive and offers flexible development architecture. All major operating systems natively support Bluetooth Smart making it easy for developers to create apps that link with everyday objects like heart-rate monitors, toothbrushes, and even shoes. With Bluetooth Smart, developers are only limited by their imaginations.
Key features of the Bluetooth Smart include:
- Ultra-low peak, average and idle mode power consumption
- Standardized application development architecture
- Ability to run for many months on standard coin-cell batteries
- Low development and operational costs
- Multi-vendor interoperability
- 128-bit AES data encryption
With Bluetooth Smart and compatible devices, you'll be at the forefront of wireless technology, able to:
- Reach a wider audience by leveraging a proven and ubiquitous ecosystem of billions of Bluetooth enabled devices in market today
- Generate new profit opportunities by quickly developing ultra-power-efficient wireless devices
- Increase revenue and customer loyalty with engaging applications that make your products more useful via cloud computing and social connectivity
- Tap into a network of tens of thousands of Bluetooth SIG members, including application developers, device makers and service providers