Types and Use of Account Information
In order to execute the Membership Agreement, your account information is used in the following ways:
- User IDs and Passwords — Provide you with access to your profile areas and to protected content.
- Account Information — This information tells us more about who you are, who you work for, how to contact you, and your interest in receiving Bluetooth SIG information.
- Member Feedback and Support — Provides a mechanism for requesting information from Bluetooth SIG, Inc. Also used to tell us how we can improve our services and site designs.
- Email Correspondence — Used to raise and respond to issues and inquiries of all types. Also used to distribute information about Bluetooth SIG, our specifications, and services.
- Transactions — Shows which products and services you have requested.
- Access — Determines which areas of the website and applications you have access to. This access is determined by your company’s membership level.
Bluetooth SIG continually strives to protect the information you share with us. Access to personal member information is limited to employees, affiliates, contractors and agents of Bluetooth SIG.
Bluetooth SIG will not sell or rent your personal information to third parties. Bluetooth SIG may disclose personal information to third parties to complete a transaction you have requested, as part of the terms and conditions for a particular service, or when we otherwise have your consent to do so.
Bluetooth SIG will not retain your personal information longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected.
Bluetooth SIG provides links to third party sites. Since Bluetooth SIG does not control these websites, we encourage you to review the privacy policies posted on these (and all) third party sites.
If you choose to disable cookies in your browser, you can still access most of our websites. Please be aware, however, that some websites will not allow you to complete certain activities if cookies are disabled.
Accessing and Updating Information
Bluetooth SIG needs your help in making sure your business information is correct in our systems. Please notify us of any changes to your name, company, title, phone number or email address by
updating your information online.
All updates to this policy will be posted here.